JUST ARRIVED! Limited availability.
The Weiss DAC204 is a multi-format DAC and format converter, the most versatile digital-to-analogue converter in Weiss Engineering’s product offering. Use the DAC204 for easy switching between multiple units with digital outputs — including a computer or mobile with USB out — and enjoy the pristine and low-jitter conversion to analogue audio from the unit’s outputs. The DAC204 can also convert DSD audio to PCM and offers a digital output in the AES/EBU format.
(1) RCA connector, (1) Toslink connector (optical)
- All inputs accept professional or consumer standard , i.e. accept AES/EBU or S/PDIF signals.
- Sampling frequencies: 44.1, 48.0, 88.2, 96.0, 176.4 or 192 kHz on the RCA input.
- Sampling frequencies: 44.1, 48.0, 88.2, 96.0 kHz on the Toslink input.
- Maximum input word-length: 24 Bits.
(1) USB connector
- Accepted sampling frequencies: 44.1, 48.0, 88.2, 96.0, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384 kHz, DSD64, DSD128
- (2) XLR connectors (hot output on pin 2, notservo controlled), DC coupled, short circuit proof output circuitry, Output impedance: 44 Ohm
- (2) RCA connectors, DC coupled, short circuit proof output circuitry, Output impedance: 22 Ohm
Output level: Selectable by two toggle switches, 4 settings:
- 7.5 Vrms, +19.7 dBu, with a 0 dBFS sinewave input
- 2.3 Vrms, +9.7 dBu, with a 0 dBFS sinewave input
- 0.75 Vrms, -0.3 dBu, with a 0 dBFS sinewave input
- 0.23 Vrms, -10.3 dBu, with a 0 dBFS sinewave input
- 3.75 Vrms, +13.7dBu, with a 0 dBFS sinewave input
- 1.15 Vrms, +3.7dBu, with a 0 dBFS sinewave input
- 0.375 Vrms, -6.3dBu, with a 0 dBFS sinewave input
- 0.115 Vrms, -16.3dBu, with a 0 dBFS sinewave input
- (1) XLR connector, (1) RCA connector, (1) BNC connector
- Synchronized via the input signal in the case of RCA or Toslink inputs. In the USB input case the DAC204 is the master clock.
- Extremely efficient Jitter attenuation.
- Sampling frequencies supported: 44.1 kHz, 48.0 kHz, 88.2kHz, 96.0kHz, 176.4khz, 192kHz, 352.8kHz, 384kHz, DSD64, DSD128
- DC input voltage: 6 to 9 Volt
- DC input current: 1050mA at 6V, 700mA at 9V
- Power consumption: 6.3 W
Cover All Your Bases.
The DAC204 is a multi-format digital-to-analogue and digital-to-digital converter. Its many input and output options make it equally useful for use in a professional mixing or mastering studio as for an audiophile-grade listening room. It employs no less than four oversampling sigma-delta D/A converters per channel, operated in parallel for enhanced signal-to-noise performance.
Digital Accepted Here.
The DAC204 accepts incoming digital audio streams straight from any USB-equipped computer, tablet, or mobile phone. It can also receive S/PDIF and AES/EBU audio via its S/PDIF or Toslink connectors.
The DAC204 converts the incoming digital streams to analogue audio, which simultaneously appears on its balanced XLR connectors and unbalanced RCA connectors. It can also perform digital-to-digital conversion and output digital audio in AES/EBU or S/PDIF formats through the corresponding connectors and a BNC output connector. Should the incoming audio be in DSD format, the DAC204 can convert that to PCM.
The DAC204 can be permanently connected to multiple digital units, and the user can easily switch between them with the front-mounted Input Selector switch.
The DAC204 is the bigger sibling to the DAC205. The two units offer the same conversion quality, but the DAC204 has a USB input and can convert DSD to PCM audio. The DAC204 and DAC205 are relatively affordable options to Weiss Engineering’s higher-grade units such as the DAC501 and the HELIOS. They do not have the onboard digital processing capabilities of those units, nor do they include headphone outputs or remote controls.