The Technics SL-1500C Premium Class is a complete turntable with a built-in phono equalizer and cartridge. The SL-1500C sports a simple design without unnecessary frills, while retaining the superb operating feel that is a Technics tradition. The attractive appearance lets you enjoy playing records to your heart’s content.
In order to enjoy playing analogue records more comfortably, the SL-1500C features a built-in phono equalizer and bundled cartridge. There is no need to separately prepare either one, making it easy to link with a wide range of audio equipment. The shield structure of the built-in phono equalizer suppresses the effects of external noise and noise from the power supply. It is also equipped with a switch to turn the LINE output off when it is not being used. The turntable has been designed to thoroughly shut-out adverse effects to the PHONO output. The dedicated power supply for the PHONO output terminal is isolated from the power supply for the LINE output terminal, and has been designed to prioritize sound quality by minimising the wiring of the PHONO signal. The isolated terminals also prevent wiring mistakes. An Ortofon 2M RED cartridge, which is highly acclaimed as an MM cartridge, has been selected for the bundled cartridge. Combining this high-quality cartridge with the performance of the SL-1500C will maximise the sound quality of vinyl records.
When the tonearm reaches the end of the record, the Auto Lifter function automatically raises the cartridge. This prevents unnecessary wear on your valuable vinyl records and stylus. By embedding the Auto Lifter function in the base portion of the tonearm, it eliminates impacts to the tonearm. Due to a simple design that doesn’t use motor power, there is no electrical or vibrational impact and it will not prevent the movement of the tonearm. In response to requests from many users regarding the Auto Lifter function, a design that prioritizes sound quality was adopted. The functions required to playback records were kept to a bare minimum, achieving simple and easy-to-use operability.
Coreless direct drive motor to achieve high precision, stable rotation, and reliability
- Stable rotation is achieved by combining the coreless direct drive motor that reduces minute vibration during rotation, with motor control technology that switches the drive mode depending on the operational status of the motor.
- In addition to providing superior performance, the direct drive motor reduces the need for parts replacement or maintenance.
High-precision bearings for highly sensitive tonearm
- Machine-cut, high-precision bearing used in the tonearm bearing with gimbal suspension allows for high initial response sensitivity and accurate record tracking.
Auto lift functionality
- The turntable automatically lifts up the tone arm as a record finishes playing.
A complete package for high-quality listening
- Built-in phono-equalizer preamplifier compatible with a wide range of devices.
- Ortofon 2M Red MM cartridge included.
Direct Drive Manual Turntable
33-1/3, 45 and 78 r/min
Starting Torque 0.18 N・m / 1.8 kg･cm
0.7 s. from standstill to 33 1/3 rpm
Wow And Flutter 0.025 % W.R.M.S.
Turntable Platter: Aluminium diecast
- Diameter : 332 mm
- Weight : Approx. 2.0 kg (Including rubber sheet)
- Universal Static Balance 230 mm
- Overhang 15 mm
- Within 2° 32’ (at the outer groove of 30 cm (12″) record)
Within 0° 32’ (at the inner groove of 30 cm (12″) record)
- Applicable Cartridge Weight Range
- (without auxiliary weight) 5.6 – 12.0 g | 14.3 – 20.7 g (including head shell)
- with auxiliary weight) 10.0 – 16.4 g | 18.7 – 25.1 g (including head shell)
- Head Shell Terminal Lug 1.2 mmφ 4-pin terminal lug
- PHONO (Pin Jack) x 1
- EARTH TERMINAL x 1
- LINE (Pin Jack) x 1
Power Supply AC 110 – 240 V, 50 / 60 Hz
Power Consumption 8 W | Approx. 0.2W (Standby)
Dimensions (W x H x D) 453 x 169 x 372 mm
Weight Approx. 9.9 kg
Accessories: Turntable, Turntable sheet, Dust cover, EP record adaptor, Balance weight, Auxiliary weight, Head shell, Cartridge(ortofon 2M Red), PHONO cable, PHONO earth lead, AC power supply cord, Owner’s Manual