Contact us to special order your limited edition turntable today.
The Dark Side of the Moon album is recognized for its artwork almost as much as the music. It shows an enigmatic prism that reflects beams of light into space. It’s a magical and mystical theme that illustrates the band‘s complex sound pallet. For Pro-Ject, it was a no-brainer to create a turntable based on this concept & image.
The result is an extraordinary turntable unlike any the audio market has seen. With high-quality materials were able to implement the core aspects of the artwork. The plinth is made of MDF- a dense, sturdy, resonance-absorbent material. The stainless steel axle of the heavy aluminum sub platter rotates in a bronze bushing. An AC motor drives the sub-platter & platter with a silicon drive belt. The low-resonance tonearm is a completely new design. It’s definitively one of the highlights of this turntable.
The combination of black aluminum & acrylic parts is an eye-catcher to say the least. The supplied Pick it PRO Special Edition MM phono cartridge delivers the rich sonics you would expect from Dark Side of the Moon turntable. With the addition of the LED-backlit rainbow, the turntable looks even more impressive in low light. As with all Pro-Ject turntables, The Dark Side of the Moon Turntable is handmade with care in Europe.
- 8.6″ acrylic tonearm
- Pre-adjusted Pick it PRO Special Edition cartridge
- Prism plinth design made of MDF (28mm thick)
- Dimmable LED rainbow backlight
- Precision belt drive with electronic speed control
- 33/45rpm (manual belt change)
- Semi-symmetrical phono cable included
- Gold-plated RCA connectors
- Heavy glass record platter (10mm thick)
- Precision aluminum sub-platter
- Handmade in Europe
- Speed: 33/45rpm (manual speed change)
- Drive principle: belt drive with electronic speed control
- Platter: tempered glass, 10mm thick (includes felt mat)
- Platter bearing: stainless steel axle in brass bushing
- Wow & flutter: +/-0.16% (33rpm), +/-0.14% (45rpm)
- Speed drift: +/-0.40% (33rpm), +/-0.30% (45rpm)
- Signal to noise: 68dB
- Tonearm: 8.6″ straight acrylic
- Effective arm length/mass: 218.5mm / 6.0g
- Overhang: 18.5mm
- Included: 15V DC 0.8A power supply, 7″ singles adaptor
- Power consumption: 4W (0W in standby)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 495 x 135 x 405mm
- Dimensions (standard): 19.49 x 5.31 x 15.94″
- Mass (weight): 6kg (13.23 lbs) ne
Pro-Ject Audio Systems was founded by one of Austria’s leading high-end audio distributors, Heinz Lichtenegger, in early 1991. A genuine music lover and a dyed-in-the-wool audiophile, Heinz challenged the common “cost-no-object” approach to analog audio equipment by manufacturing turntables, tonearms, and accessories at a reasonable price without compromising build quality nor sonic performance. With his passion for high-end audio fueling a desire to take a familiar industry in a new direction, Heinz proceeded to use Pro-Ject Audio Systems as a locomotive to bring high-end gear to the masses. By adhering to that philosophy while still only using quality components that deliver sound that far exceeds their stature, the engineers at Pro-Ject redefined what is possible in high-end audio and have proven that great things do indeed come in small packages.