The NAIM NAP 250 Power Amplifier is their iconic amplifier: back and better than ever. In production since 1975, the NAP 250 power amplifier has gained iconic status. This new sixth-generation model delivers more power than ever before; state of the art engineering provides unrivalled performance, greater system-matching and flexibility. Designed in the UK, it is ready to drive the speakers of your choice — taking your music to new heights.
To get the best out of your loudspeakers and music, combine the NSC 222 with its perfect partner: the NAP 250 power amplifier. First appearing in 1975, NAP 250 has become an iconic product. Today, it delivers more power than ever and offers ever more flexibility within a complete system. The cutting-edge engineering work involved in the NAP 250 results in unrivalled performance. It delivers 100 watts of A/B class power per channel, fully adjustable to set your music free in the most remarkable way.
- Can be used with legacy products via the legacy range of cables
- Separate DR PSUs for power amplifier, including the XLR input stage
- Eight NA009 Naim custom designed power transistors as developed for Statement (4 for the PSUs and 4 for the output stages). Each mounted on ceramic insulators for ultra low capacitive coupling.
- New triple transistor constant current source (CCS) in delicate gain stage – uses a newly developed CCS for improved sound quality
- Party-proof: new heatsink design responds to temperature fluctuation, keeping things cool. • 20 minute auto power off for legacy systems, will wake on detecting music (auto off can be disabled)
- 0.5W standby power: Using two internal power supplies; one is a high quality audiophile linear type, based on a large toroidal transformer. The other is a highly efficient SMPSU for 0.5W power consumption in standby during standby mode.
- DR (Discrete Regulator) producing low-noise power supplies for the amplifiers regulated output stage
- True balanced XLR input using a newly developed, ultra-fast low-noise single- ended class-A buffers
- 3-level logo brightness
- Soft-start power up sequence, preventing the large toroidal transformers from tripping mains circuit breakers due to the large influx of voltage required
- 3.5mm optical inter-product communications for synchronised system control, preventing ground loops. This facility offers LED brightness and power control
- Eddy current divide situated between speaker output terminals for improved sound quality
- Custom audiophile components such as polystyrene capacitors in filter circuits for low dielectric absorption
- Through-hole components reducing microphonies picked up via the circuit board fluctuations
See complete product details here.
The cutting-edge design of the NAP 250 means it can be used even at high sound levels: its heat sink reacts to the increased volume, keeping the product “cool”. Other improvements include the addition of symmetrical XLR connections and a series of technologies derived from Naim’s iconic Statement amplifier, including an eddy current separator available between the loudspeaker outputs. It also incorporates the Naim Audio DR (Discrete Regulator) technology found in the Statement, to benefit from the stable, fluid power supply we know to be essential.
Under the guidance of our Technical Director, Naim’s specialist engineers have developed simple but elegant circuits, combined with our acclaimed and high-performing DR technology, guaranteeing the stable and fluid power supply so essential for superior performance. Our teams opt for the highest-quality components including Statements NA009 power transistors and perform ultra-precise measurements for an uncompromising result.
Naim products are designed to be both contemporary and timeless. Our creations forego any unnecessary decoration that does not contribute to performance targets or add to the sound quality. The design of the iconic NAP 250 power amplifier is functionally coherent, making it a pleasure to use. It also boasts extreme precision, combining a sleek design with innovative materials.
NAIM & Aluminum
Our founder, Julian Vereker, immediately understood the many benefits of aluminium as a material for wrapping Naim electronic components. He knew that delicate audio components are very sensitive to the effects of magnetic fields, unstable temperatures, unwanted vibrations, etc. While other manufacturers were bending thin sheets of steel, Naim used thick plates of aluminium.
The Naim Classic range maximises this highly technical and durable approach, with aluminium housings rivalled only by Statement, our flagship product. Naim chose a superior-quality aluminium, which optimally combines thermal and microphonic properties. The front panels are treated with solid 20mm-thick aluminium billets; heat sinks frame the side panels and 5mm plates cover the top and bottom surfaces of the products. The aluminium is brushed, sandblasted and anodised to guarantee unalterable beauty throughout the product’s life. The New Classic range can be immediately distinguished with one look and one touch, before the first note of music even plays.