In its simplest form, the NAD M33 BluOS™ enabled DAC/amplifier is an ultra-high-performance streaming amplifier with superb audiophile sound. As a BluOS enabled component, the M33 can be combined with other players in a BluOS ecosystem of wirelessly networked music players throughout the home for an outstanding whole-home audio system. With the employment of the new Purifi Eigentakt™ Hybrid Digital amplifier technology, the M33 follows NAD’s long-standing tradition in identifying and developing cutting-edge amplification technology. With a minimum of 200W per channel on tap, the result is lifelike performance, exemplified by ultra-low distortion and noise.
Part of a growing ecosystem of compatible products, BluOS tightly integrates hardware and software for an exceptional user experience. The only true wireless High-Resolution multi-room system available today, BluOS supports the new standard for High Res streaming, Master Quality Authenticated (MQA). BluOS also supports over 20 free and paid subscription services as well as supporting locally stored music libraries. With BluOS, the M33 retains all the audiophile features and further adds a range of facilities that will expand its capabilities yet simplifies ease-of-use at the same time. Operable with the BluOS app, the supplied remote control or through hands-free control with any Amazon Alexa device, the M33’s front panel never needs to be touched.
- BluOS Streaming DAC Amplifier
- HybridDigital Purifi Eigentakt™ Amplifier Technology
- Continuous Power: 200W into 8/4 Ohms
- 32-BIT/384kHz ESS Sabre DAC
- Dirac Live Room LE Correction*
- Colour LCD touch display
- BluOS multi-room Integration
- 2 x MDC Slots for Future Expansion
- Wireless control with AirPlay 2 and aptX HD Bluetooth Integration
- Comprehensive digital and analog connectivity including HDMI eARC
- Integrates seamlessly with leading smarthome control systems
- MDC (Modular Design Construction) offers ability to upgrade to future digital formats as they become available. Two MDC slots provided.
- CI friendly- RS232 Serial Control Port. Trigger In/Out.
- IR In with learning function
*Some features will be available via a future software update; Full Dirac Live upgrades can be purchased through the Dirac Live software.
Dirac Live Room Correction
Experts agree that room acoustics are the weakest link in most sound systems with room reflections deteriorating tonal balance and dynamics. Dirac, one of the most highly regarded Room Correction systems available, not only adjusts for frequency response, but unlike other room correction systems, it also optimises the impulse response. By optimizing the speaker/room interface, music sounds more natural and lifelike. Supplied with the M33 is a precision microphone to measure the room at and around the listening position so your system can be precisely calibrated for optimum performance. Even the most sophisticated loudspeakers can be markedly improved using Dirac calibration. Each of the 5 Dirac memory slots can store a unique room measurement or different frequency target curves to suit a particular musical taste or genre.
In its standard form, the M33 is very complete with a wide range of in/outputs, BluOS, Dirac, HDMI and more already fully integrated. It will meet the requirements of the most demanding users. To minimize the risk of future obsolescence, the M33 comes with two MDC (Modular Design Construction) slots that allow for further expansion. NAD introduced the MDC platform well over a decade ago and allowed updating products with new technologies which didn’t even exist at time of introduction.
Connection & Wireless Flexibility
Whether looking to connect digital or analogue sources, the M33 comes well equipped to accommodate for all of these: 6 digital inputs and 3 analogue inputs, including MM phono. Around back, the rear panel hosts two sets of speaker outputs capable of bi-wiring and a stereo Subwoofer Output with a fully configurable Digital Crossover. Airplay 2 and Bluetooth AptX-HD allow for local wireless streaming from a phone or tablet.
Phono & Headphone
The M33 has a high-quality MM Phono Input that rivals specialized outboard units. Accurate RIAA equalization, a clever phase cancelling infrasonic filter, and a huge overload margin combine to bring out the best in LPs. Furthermore, headphone enthusiasts will delight at the sound of the discrete headphone amplifier, which is able to drive even planar and high impedance studio phones. With high voltage and low output impedance, headphones will sound their best. For those who wish to enjoy their headphones but not be tethered to a cable, the integrated Bluetooth AptX-HD module makes it possible to enjoy wireless headphones as well.
The all alloy casework is elegant yet practical. The single control knob for volume is supplemented by a colour LCD touchscreen display. Rigid panels with magnetic iso-point feet provide a solid foundation for the multi-layer circuit boards and intricate internal construction. The M33 employs a completely modern and fresh take on the traditional stereo amplifier, with features and performance from the future.
Smart Home Integration
BluOS provides hands-free control with full integration of any Amazon Alexa device. Through Airplay 2, control is also possible with Siri. Considerable effort has been spent to make the M33 fully compatible with all the leading smart home systems from leading companies like Apple, Crestron, Control4, Lutron, KNX and many others. This means that along with lighting, shades, HVAC, and security, the integrator or user can seamlessly control the BluOS multi-room music system from a common interface. All integrations are certified for reliable operation. The custom BluOS Apps for iOS and Android tablets and phones, as well as desktop control from Windows and Apple OS are available free-of-charge and are updated regularly.
- Rated output power (ref. 20 Hz-20 kHz at rated THD, both channels driven) >200 W into 8 ohms >380 W into 4 ohms
- Rated output power, Bridge mode (ref. 20 Hz – 20 kHz at rated THD) >700 W into 8 ohms
- Input sensitivity 865 mV (ref. 200W 8 ohms, Volume maximum)
- THD (20 Hz – 20 kHz) <0.003 % (1W to 200 W, 8 ohms and 4 ohms)
- Signal-to-Noise ratio >98 dB (A-weighted, ref. 1 W out in 8 ohms) | >120 dB (A-weighted, ref. 200 W out in 8 ohms)
- Clipping power>210 W (0.1 % THD 1 kHz 8 ohms)
- IHF dynamic power 8 ohms: 260 W | 4 ohms: 520 W
- Peak output current ≥25 A (in 1 ohm, 1 ms)
- Damping factor >800 (ref. 8 ohms, 20 Hz to 6.5 kHz)
- Frequency response ±0.2 dB (20 Hz -20 kHz) | -3 dB at 60 kHz
- Input Impedance (r and c) 47kΩ/180pF
- Input Sensitivity 280mV (ref. 500mV out, Volume Maximum)
- Maximum input level 20Hz-20Khz 2 Vrms/8 Vrms (low sensitivity mode)
- Tone Controls Treble: ±6 dB at 10kHz Bass: ±6 dB at 100Hz
- Max Output Signal 4Vrms (ref. 0.1% THD)
- Maximum output level 3.9 Vrms (ref. 0.1% THD)
- Signal-to-Noise ratio >120 dB (A-weighted, ref. 2 V out)
- Output impedance 100 ohms
- Maximum output level 1.1 Vrms (ref. 0.1 % THD 100Hz)
- Signal-to-Noise ratio >102 dB (20 Hz-20 kHz, ref. 1V out)
- THD+N <0.005 % (refer 1.1 V 20 Hz-200 Hz)
- Output impedance 680 ohms
- Input sensitivity MM: 1.2 mV | MC: 100 µV
- Input impedance (R and C) MM: 56 kohms/100 pF | MC: 100 ohms/280 pF
- Signal to noise ratio (ref. 2 V Preout A-weighted) MM: >92 dB | MC: >76 dB
- THD+N (ref 2V Preout 1kHz) MM: <0.003 % | MC: <0.02 %
- RIAA response accuracy MM/MC ±0.2 dB 20 Hz -20 kHz
- Output Impedance 2.2ohms
- Output power >100 mW/32 ohms
- Supported audio file format* MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, WMA-L, ALAC, OPUS
- Supported high- resolution audio file format* FLAC, MQA, WAV, AIFF
- Sampling rate up to 192 kHz
- Bit depths 16 – 24
- Network connectivity Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 | Wi-Fi 5
- Supported network file share protocol Server Message Block (SMB)
- USB 1 x Type-A port for connection to USB memory stick (FAT32 or NTFS formatted) and supported peripherals
- Bluetooth quality Support for aptX® HD
- Bluetooth connectivity Two-Way (Receive and Headphone modes)
- Supported operating system** Music playback from network shares on the following desktop operating systems: Microsoft Windows XP, 2000, Vista, 7, 8 to current Windows Operating Systems and macOS versions**
- Mobile Application Free BluOS Controller App available for download from the respective App stores of Apple iOS devices (iPad, iPhone and iPod), Android devices, Kindle Fire and Windows or macOS desktops
- Front panel 7-inch full colour touch screen
- Remote control HTRM 2 remote control