The JBL L82 Classic is a compact bookshelf/standmount loudspeaker featuring JBL’s advanced acoustic technologies, in combination with the iconic retro-inspired style of its larger family member: the L100 Classic. Its design honours the storied legacy of the many historic JBL 8″ 2-way speakers with its iconic 8-inch (200mm) 2-way configuration, but with all new drivers, crossover network, enclosure, and features to bring the design up to the highest 21st-century performance standards. Utilizing a compact footprint, the L82 Classic features advanced JBL transducers including the JW200PW-6 Pure Pulp cone woofer and the JT025TI1-4 Titanium tweeter.
The L82 Classic improves upon the performance of past JBL 8″ 2-way models, going back to the 70s, with its exceptional dynamic range and contrast, clean and effortless high output, and precise high impact bass. With modern engineering, the L82 Classic has great detail resolution across the full bandwidth, very low distortion, and very lifelike on- and off-axis stereo imaging, justifying its place as the smaller brother to the L100 Classic.
The vintage design of the L82 Classic features a genuine walnut satin wood veneer cabinet and a striking Quadrex foam grille available in a choice of black, orange or blue. Beneath this compelling exterior lie modern acoustic components that deliver stunning sound sure to please any music lover. For pristine and detailed high frequencies, the L82 Classic utilizes a 1-inch (25mm) Titanium dome tweeter mated with a waveguide – the same captivating high-frequency components found in the larger L100 Classic. A high-frequency L-pad attenuator allows the user to tailor the sound as desired. As a 2-way design, the L82 Classic uses a powerful 8-inch (200mm) cast-frame, white pure pulp cone woofer operating in a bass-reflex design with a front-firing tuned port.
Despite its relatively smaller size, the L82 Classic provides dynamic and authoritative sound even in larger spaces. The accessory JS-80 floor stands allow the L82 Classic to be used in a freestanding environment with the loudspeaker angling gently backwards to focus the sound to the listening position. In the storied tradition of JBL 8-inch 2-way loudspeakers, the L82 Classic is sure to become a favourite of listeners around the world.
- retro design with iconic JBL styling and vintage Quadrex foam grille in a choice of three colours: black, orange, blue
- genuine satin walnut wood veneer enclosure with black front and rear panels
- 8″ white cone, pure pulp woofer with cast frame
- 1″ titanium dome tweeter with waveguide
- bass-reflex design with front-firing port
- high-frequency L-pad attenuator
- JS80 stands available separately
- 2-Way Bookshelf Loudspeaker Impendance: 8 Ohms
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 25–125 Watts
- RMS Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 88dB
- Frequency Response: 44Hz–40kHz (-6dB) Crossover Frequency: 1.7kHz
- Controls: HF level control
- Input Type: Five-way gold-plated binding posts
- Finish: Genuine walnut veneer enclosure
- Dimensions with Grille (H x W x D): 18.6″ x 11.04″ x 12.42″ (472.4 x 280.5 x 315.44mm)
- Weight: 27.9 lb (12.7kg)