The Pro-Ject A1 Automat Automatic turntable is handmade in Germany, with 98% of components made and produced in the country. Paired with Pro-Ject technology and ideas, they’ve set new standards in entry-level automatic turntable design. The new A1 Automat is your best companion to comfortably enjoy your favourite vinyl records.
The A1 has fully automatic start/stop functionality. The fully mechanical automatic mechanism is engaged when you press start and the tonearm is automatically moved to the lead groove in the record. Once playing, the automatics are completely taken out of the equation – ensuring they do not affect playback quality.
- Factory installed and aligned Ortofon OM10 cartridge
- Built in, switchable phono preamp
- 8.3” aluminum low-mass tonearm
- Precise mechanics with automated start and stop
- Aluminum platter with damping ring
- Carbon fiber reinforced non-magnetic headshell
- Resonance damped chassis
- Silicon damped isolation feet
- Electronically controlled playback speeds
- Premium semi-symmetrical Connect it E phono cable
- Gold plated RCA cable connectors
- Dust cover included
- Handmade in Germany
ULM aluminum tonearm The A1 features an 8.3” ultra-light-mass aluminium tonearm. Together with the Ortofon OM10, which fits this design principle perfectly, we get extraordinary fast response and detail in terms of transients and microdynamics. Tracking force and anti-skating are factory pre-adjusted which make the A1 plug & play ready within a few seconds. This makes it perfect for vinyl beginners and experienced listeners alike as the sound quality is carried by all the audiophile features the A1 has on offer.
Ortofon OM10 cartridge A little-known fact is that the OM series of cartridges have their developmental roots and legacy in ultra-light-mass tonearm designs. Pre-fitted and adjusted in the factory, it is the perfect partner for your A1.
New headshell The headshell is made of carbon fibre reinforced polymer which is super stable and rigid, while keeping the weight super low. The composite material results in excellent internal damping of resonances.
Wood chassis The chassis avoids hollow spaces wherever possible, with just enough space to precision fit all the inner workings of the A1. As a result, the chassis’ heavy mass reduces unwanted resonances to a minimum.
Damped platter The damping ring on the inside adds weight and reduces resonances. In the last step the platter is turned and precision balanced to receive its fine edges and lowest wow and flutter deviations.
Connect it E semi-balanced RCA cable To guarantee a perfect connection to your amp, Pro-Ject’s Connect it E is a semi-balanced, low-capacitance cable, with superior shielding.
Built-in Phono preamp If you don’t have a phono preamplifier in your current hi-fi setup you will benefit of the A1s built-in one. If you want to use another phono preamp, you can easliy switch it off.
33/45 RPM No need to change the belt position. Easily change speed with the push of only a single button & listen to your favourite LPs as well as singles.
- Speed: 33, 45 (electronic speed change)
- Drive principle: belt drive, fully automatic
- Platter: damped aluminum platter
- Wow & flutter: 33: +/-0,27%; 45: +/-0,25%
- Speed drift: 33: +/-0,75%; 45: +/-0,65%
- Signal to noise: 65dB
- Tonearm: ultra-light-mass 8,3” aluminum tonearm
- Effective arm length: 211mm
- Overhang: 19.5mm
- Included accessories: 15V DC / 0.8A power supply, dust cover, 7‘‘ single adapter, felt mat, phono cable
- Power consumption: 1.5W
- Dimensions: 430 x 130 x 365 mm (WxHxD)
- Weight: 5.6 kg net