1Xpression Carbon Classic is the 6th generation of the hi-fi classic Pro-Ject 1, which was presented for the first time in 1991. Its innovative gimbal design features a resonance damping counterweight, that allows best performance for any cartridge. The approved belt drive design offers low noise AC motor with effective motor decoupling, ultra precision frequency DC-driven AC generator (like Speed Box) for ultimate speed stability. Advanced thermo plastic elastomers (TPE) are used in a sandwich construction with aluminium alloy for optimised resonance behaviour. Platter bearing axle is made from low tolerance chrome plated stainless steel running on Teflon bottom in a bronze bearing housing. As a special feature, this package comes with the outstanding 2M Silver cartridge, which features silver spools for ultimate fidelity.
This coveted model is no longer in production. We have one in stock.
- Belt drive system with synchronous motor
- Main platter bearing made from stainless steel runs in bronze bushing with Teflon bottom
- Heavy aluminium sandwich platter with TPE technology for superior resonance damping & felt mat
- 8,6” carbon tonearm with Evo Kardan rings
- Resonance damping counterweight design
- Advanced 2M Silver cartridge with silver spools
- Gold-plated RCA interconnect cable
- Special turntable feet for effective decoupling for massively reduced risk of acoustical feedback