The NAIM Supernait 3 integrated amplifier has upgraded power amplifier sections, delivering greater pace and intimacy to their musical delivery – whether it’s driving a pair of loudspeakers or your favourite pair of headphones. SUPERNAIT 3 has a built-in phono stage, making it a perfect partner for turntables, as well as for streamers, CD players, or any other music source people want to enjoy with the signature Naim sound.
It also includes a Class A preamp output stage which doubles as a headphone amplifier and ceramic heatsink technology that minimizes capacitive coupling between the chassis and output transistors for optimum sound quality. Its inputs are each individually decoupled and hand-wired to minimize noise and interference while internal switching employs ultra-low-noise, constant current sources which are derived directly from the electronic design of the flagship NAC 552 preamplifier.
The SUPERNAIT 3 can be upgraded with NAIM external power supplies, power amplifiers and even cabling upgrades to get the best from all sources.
- Class A headphone amplification
- Alps Blue Velvet volume control
- Reed relay input selection
- Ceramic insulators for the power transistors
- Galvanically isolated microprocessor control section
- Microphonic-isolating PCB mounts
In the six years since the last NAIT integrated amplifiers were released, the Naim research and development team have worked on a range of amplifier improvements. The result is upgraded power amplifier sections for SUPERNAIT 3, delivering greater pace and intimacy to their musical delivery – whether it’s driving a pair of loudspeakers or your favourite pair of headphones.
- Full 24V DR module built-in: enjoy the purer power and performance improvement of Naim’s Discrete Regulation technology for the entire pre-amp stage.
- Larger toroidal transformer in the power supply: provides greater power and speed of recovery
- Additional leaded through-hole components in the signal path: further minimizes negative effects of vibration and transient thermal conditions
- Chassis-mounted input sockets hand-wired to the circuit boards: offers enhanced vibration isolation
- Full Alps Blue Velvet balance control
- Type: Solid-state, two-channel integrated amplifier with built-in phono stage, headphone amplifier and remote control
- Analogue inputs: One MM phono input (via RCA jacks), four single-ended line-level inputs (via RCA jacks and DIN sockets), power amp in (DIN socket)
- Digital inputs: none
- Analogue outputs: line output (DIN socket), preamp output (DIN socket), bi-amp (DIN socket), sub (via RCA sockets), variable AV (DIN socket), stream (DIN socket), powered accessory socket 24V, speaker outputs (via 4mm sockets)
- Supported sample rates: N/A
- Input impedance: Not specified
- Output impedance (preamp): Not specified
- Headphone Loads: Not specified
- Power Output: 80Wpc @ 8 Ohms, 130W @ 4 Ohms
- Bandwidth: Not specified
- Distortion: Not specified
- Signal to Noise Ratio: Not specified
- Dimensions (H×W×D): 87 × 432 × 314mm
- Weight: 14kg