The Leema Hydra II is an intelligent, bridgeable stereo amplifier incorporating many developments pioneered in the Leema Reference mono-block, Altair IV. The Hydra II is notably more flexible than its predecessor. This technological chameleon is able to act in a multitude of roles, always creating a life-like sound stage and maintaining the presence, texture and timbre of the original performance.
Exceptional dynamic range, resolution of fine detail and remarkable clarity, allow the Hydra II to deliver music with captivating energy, even when driving the most demanding of modern audiophile loudspeakers. This exceptional design uses two massive torodial power transformers: one for each channel, together with a separate transformer for the control circuitry. The highly refined output stage features a very low output impedance. This, coupled with a high current capability ensures vice-like grip and precise control of the loudspeakers, even at very high levels.
- Variable gain LIPS® stereo power amplifier for use with the Leema Reference Series Pyxis pre-amplifier.
- Variable gain LIPS® handed mono power amplifier for use with the Leema Reference Series Pyxis pre-amplifier.
- Fixed gain stereo / mono power amplifier for use in conventional pre / power systems.
- Fixed gain LIPS® power amplifier for use with the Tucana II in bi / tri-amplification systems.
- Variable gain LIPS® slave power amplifier for use with the Tucana II in multi-channel systems.
- Three source LIPS® amplifier for use with the Leema Antila CD player.
OUTPUT POWER IN NON-BRIDGED MODE
- Output Power: 148W rms 8 Ohms/Ch
- Output Power: 292W rms 4 Ohms/Ch
- Output Power: 320W rms 2 Ohms/Ch
- THD: 0.004%
OUTPUT POWER IN BRIDGED MODE
- Output Power: 392W rms 8 Ohms/Ch
- Output Power: 785W rms 4 Ohms/Ch
- THD: 0.004%