The GoldenEar ForceField4 subwoofers achieves extraordinarily deep and tuneful bass that’s ideal for music and movies, thanks to its unique and attractive cabinet shape with non-parallel walls. Cutting-edge amplifier design employs state-of-the-art DSP control for frequency shaping so the subwoofer produces accurate, consistent and musical bass performance. Designed to work with home theatre systems, this subwoofer uses LFE out.
The compact 10 inch subwoofer ForceField 4 incorporates the same 1200-watt digital amp developed for the Triton Two. It drives a front-mounted high-power ultra-long-throw 10” sub-bass driver coupled to a downward-firing 11”x 13-7/8” quadratic planar infrasonic radiator.
(height is with feet installed)
|13-3/8˝ (34 cm) W x
17-7/8˝ (45.4 cm) D x
13-1/8˝ (33.3 cm) H
|Weight||Product: 32 lbs (14.5 kg) /
Shipping: 39 lbs (17.7 kg)
|Frequency Response||14 Hz – 250 Hz|
|Amplifier||1200 watt ForceField Digital Amplifier|
|Driver Complement||One – 10˝ Long-Throw High-Output Bass DriverOne – 11˝ x 13˝ Quadratic Planar
|Speaker Level High‐Pass Filter||6 dB per octave at 150 Hz (approx.)|
|Speaker Level Low‐Pass Filter||12 dB per octave continuously variable from 40 – 150 Hz|
|Low‐Level Input (Mono)||Unfiltered (no low-pass),
Quadratic Planar Infrasonic Radiator
- Pressure-Coupled Loading Extends Usable Bass Performance to the Infrasonic Region
- Performs Like a well-Tuned Transmission Line but with Superior transient Performance and Control
- Creates slot-loading with the floor for higher output at the lowest frequencies
GoldenEar’s engineering team set out to accomplish the best of both worlds with the ForceField subwoofers: small size, yet with the smooth & wide response of a larger sub. All ForceField subwoofers share the same technologies.
- Custom-designed high-output drivers with very large motor assemblies. These drivers handle massive power, have very long excursions, and have ultra-low distortion.
- Rigid cabinets with non-parallel sides to minimize standing waves and distortion. The drivers are front firing in all of our subwoofers for optimal performance. The cabinets’ possess a unique and understated shape and style that matches well with any décor.
- The driver’s response is enhanced with a carefully tuned, down-firing, quadratic-shaped passive radiator (no noisy ports on ForceField subs). The quadratic shape allows the radiators to use maximum surface area on the bottom of the cabinets and gets even greater output from the slot-loading that results from the subwoofers’ interface with the floor (see next point).
- The soft, energy-absorbing feet provided with every ForceField sub serve a number of functions. First, they hold the subwoofer at the correct distance off the floor so the passive radiator slot-loads with it for significantly increased output at the lowest frequencies. Second, the soft feet keep the subwoofer from dancing around on the floor.
- ForceField subwoofer amplifiers are designed in-house by GoldenEar engineering, so each is the perfect amp to power its specific subwoofer model. In addition, the amps all have powerful DSP sections to optimize frequency response, minimize distortion and prevent damage from overdriving. These amplifiers are all low distortion and extraordinarily powerful (up to 1500 watts on the ForceField 5) for reproducing seriously high-output AND low bass.
- ForceField subs all have speaker-level inputs and outputs (with a high pass crossover on the outputs) as well as a direct LFE input, too.